Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Remembering & Starting Anew

Thank you so much to all of you who posted and emailed your sympathies. My aunt's loss is a hard one for our immediate family. Through her battle with cancer, she proved that the human spirit and will to preserver can out perform any circumstance. Upon diagnosis, the doctors gave my aunt 90 days to live….she defied the odds living well over 2,100 days after her diagnosis! It was her determination and unbridled love of her family (4 children & 14 grandchildren) that I will carry with me always and call upon for inspiration when the demands of motherhood seem daunting or downright dull (because seriously, potty training the 3rd time around just doesn't have any ups). 


I shared this prayer above with my cousins as they start the journey to discovering a new life without their mother. It is most pertinent for them, but I think we all can benefit from the words. For me, I know that I need to do a better job evaluating where I spend my time. I enjoy blogging, but the time consumed between writing/photographing/linking is quite large. So I've decided that after nearly a year of blogging I'm going to reevaluate how often I post and most likely narrow it down to 2 times a week. This will allow me to better focus my time on the friends and family outside of the blogging space who need me present in their lives right now. Perhaps when my baby bear is off to school full-time (wipe tears..both of joy & sadness) I can return to blogging in full force. 

XO
Amelia

5 comments:

  1. Oh Amelia! I am so sorry for this loss. It's sounds like she was a wonderful person who will be missed by so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I will look forward to your posts whenever they come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. May her memory be eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. Take the time and do what is important!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing that beautiful prayer. I've been thinking of you. I agree it's these times that lead us to soul search and also agree that blogging takes its toll. I started in 2007 and blogged daily until this past January when I started 3 days a week. It's been so much better and I know my family appreciates it. I'm looking forward to continued reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking a minute to share your thoughts with me! I love reading each of them. Have a great one.